2011年12月29日星期四

Get a Hybrid or Not?

  I got a question asking about whether or not she should take advantage of the new hybrid clubs. She had thought about trying them and caught some grief from her regular foursome. Apparently, her golfing partners were purists and thought she should keep hitting those 3 and 4 irons. So golfers what are your thoughts? Well, first I’ll give you mine.

  I don’t know about the rest of you golf nuts, but no matter how well I’ve been hitting the golf ball, I’ve never had much consistent luck with the long irons. I can manage the 5 ok at times, but for the most part the 2, 3, 4, and 5 irons are a gamble every time I pull them out.


  So a little while back I tried a
TaylorMade Rescue 11 instead of hitting my 3 iron. And I loved the way that club felt and I REALLY loved the way I hit the ball with it! I then tried one instead of my 4 iron. Before you know it I didn’t have anything higher than a 6 iron in my bag. And I was hitting the ball better than ever.
And you can use these clubs to get out of trouble in fairway traps and tall rough. The bottom line is that these clubs are just much easier to hit than the long irons. If you are anything but a low handicapper, you are probably giving up between 6 and 14 strokes a round by not hitting these hybrids!


  I am a high handicapper who cannot hit fairway woods. Last year I bought two hybrids, 22-degrees and 19-degrees . The 22-degree
TaylorMade Rescue 11 has become my favorite club in the bag. The 19-degree replaces my 3-wood. It doesn’t give me quite the distance of a well-struck 3-wood, but well-struck 3-woods were few and far between for me.

  I have always had trouble hitting my long irons and frankly my fairway woods are not consistent at all. I recently added a TaylorMade Rescue 11 to my bag. Instead of reaching for my 6 iron, my club of choice is my hybrid hands down. I get distance from the fairway that just wasn’t there with an iron for me. The TaylorMade Rescue 11 cuts through the tall grass so much better than an iron. I love it.


没有评论:

发表评论