2013年9月4日星期三

Golf: Jonas Blixt outduels four rivals to snare Greenbier Classic by two shots



Sweden's Jonas Blixt outdueled four rivals in near darkness this morning to win the Greenbrier Classic by two strokes for his second career US PGA Tour title.

In a final round that was halted for more than three hours by a thunderstorm and ended in twilight gloom, Blixt fired a 3-under-par 67 for the third day in a row to finish on 13-under 267, his first top-10 PGA Tour finish of the year.

"It has been a bad year for me but I just pulled it off," a tearful Blixt said.

"I can't believe it. I'm just really happy."

Blixt, whose only prior PGA victory came at last year's Frys.com Open, won the top prize and clinched a berth in next year's Masters, a huge feat for a golfer who has never played in a major championship.

"A dream come true," Blixt said. "I watched (the Masters) when I was a kid. I always wanted to play there. It's a special place, almost like a religious experience to be there. To play there, I've just got no words for it.

"It's so many dreams come true. It's one week and the whole year turns around. It's really special."

Australians Steven Bowditch and Matt Jones and Americans Johnson Wagner and Jimmy Walker shared second on 269.

The Aussies both fired 68s while Walker shot 71 and Wagner fired a 73, but none could catch Blixt over the final holes.

"I pulled off some really good shots and had some birdie putts I can make," Blixt said.

"It felt awesome. I had my A-game. I got a lot of good breaks. It's just really cool to finish on top."

没有评论:

发表评论