2013年9月5日星期四

A New, Forgiving and Long Driver

I recently got back into golfing after a few years, and until now the search for a new driver (old one mysteriously gone) was unsuccessful. When I bought this burner superFast 2.0 driver, I was amazed at how great a driver could be. I was unsure about the new "large head" designs, and did not know why/if I should even get one.

Boy was I missing out. I have gained 25-30 yards on my drives, as well as straightened out my drives with consistency. Half an hour later, you're on the first tee, ready to take your opening round in your weekly friendly fourball.

In those 30 minutes, you've chucked on your favourite golfing jumper, wolfed down a slice of toast, jammed your clubs into the boot of your car, and driven to the course - pulling at the car park with just enough time to slip into your spikes and buy a Mars Bar from the pro-shop. The breakfast of champions.

According to leading PGA professional and coach Chris Purton, 90% of us are skipping our pre-course warm-up for that extra half an hour of hitting the snooze button. That long shaft is going to help you generate more clubhead speed for greater distance, but hitting the ball in the sweet spot will be a little more challenging too. the taylormade burner superFast 2.0 driver is 5 yards longer than last year's model.

"Warm ups, such as stretching, rotations and practise swings, that professional golfers often spend up to 2 hours before a game implementing, are frequently missed by even the most experienced golfing hobbyists," he says. "This can lead to poor fitness, weaker muscles, and a reduced performance on the course."

GoKart Electric's Yoga for Golf features professional Sampoorna yoga teacher Carol Jackson, who 'simplifies golf warm-ups by fusing ancient practises with new innovative fitness techniques which help improve core stability, toning, rotation, precision and strength.'

In the end, I was skeptical of the white crown at first, but I am now a believer. It stands out at address and makes alignment easier. It is very forgiving, and very long.

没有评论:

发表评论